What do I need to do to prepare for my COVID Vaccination appointment?
• Take your regular medication and eat your meals as usual.
• Do not wear any scented products.
• Wear a loose-fitting top or a t-shirt so that the health care provider can easily
access your arm for the vaccination
• If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should not attend the clinic. Call the clinic and follow their instructions.
• Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your appointment. What can I expect when I aonrrive to my appointment?
Vaccination clinics will take every precaution to ensure your health and safety during your visit. Public health measures will be implemented, and all health care providers, patients, and other staff and visitors will be expected to follow all public health measures in the clinic. Be sure to read and follow any signs or instructions provided at the clinic.
• You will be asked to provide your OHIP or Status card (or any government issued- photo ID if no OHIP card) to confirm your appointment.
• You will be asked to complete active screening to see if you have signs or symptoms associated with COVID-19 prior to entry into the clinic.
• You will be asked to wear a mask while at the clinic, as well as to clean your hands, and practice physical distancing from others (at least 2 metres).
• You will be asked to stay for 15 minutes after you receive the vaccine to monitor for any adverse events following immunization.